Gearboy is a Nintendo Game Boy / GameBoy Color emulator written in C++ that runs on iOS (+Raspberry Pi, Mac, Windows and Linux.)
- Highly accurate CPU emulation, passes cpu_instrs.gb from blargg's tests.
- Accurate instruction timing, passes instr_timing.gb from blargg's tests.
- Memory Bank Controllers (MBC1, MBC2, MBC3 with RTC, MBC5), ROM + RAM and multicart cartridges.
- Accurate LCD controller emulation. Background, window and sprites, with correct timings and priorities.
- Mix frames: Mimics the LCD ghosting effect seen in the original Game Boy.
- Sound emulation using SDL Audio and Gb_Snd_Emu library.
- Game Boy Color support
- Integrated disassembler. It can dump the full disassembled memory to a text file or access it in real time.
- Saves battery powered RAM cartridges to file.
- Compressed rom support (ZIP deflate).
May 1, 2017